Introducing the World's Smallest Crystallizer
Do more with less...
As a result of significant feedback from our customers working in early stage drug development and discovery, Avantium Crystallization Systems is proud to launch the next step in early stage solid state screening.
Enhance your early stage solid state screening with the CrystalBreeder bench-top system. The CrystalBreeder is the next generation multi-reactor crystallization platform for medium-throughput solid-state research, operating at a working volume of 0.06 - 0.1 ml.
Carry out rapid crystallization screens with 1 mg of sample using multiple crystallization modes including:
- Cooling crystallization
- Evaporation crystallization
- Vapor diffusion crystallization
Screen more in less time
The CrystalBreeder takes the guesswork out of solid-state screening. The crystallization space can be systematically explored with the ability to control temperature profiles, stirring speed and crystallization mode. Whether you are searching for new polymorphs, or doing salt or co-crystal screens, the turbidity signal gives you a clear indication of a hit. The compatible software makes it effortless to scale up to a milliliter scale for solubility studies or MSZW determination by using the Crystal16® or Crystalline®.
The CrystalBreeder was designed with versatility in mind. Use the overhead stirring with unique impeller design to mix thick slurries and viscous fluids. Alternatively, set up experiments with variable stir speeds for both overhead and magnetic bean mixing. The uniquely designed CrystalBreeder Caps can carry out controlled evaporation or vapor diffusion crystallization studies further increasing the range and diversity of applications.
- Easily define temperature profiles, sampling rates and stir speeds
- Determine cloud and clear points
- Define zones of interest for scaling up to milliliter scale
- Set up a full matrix for salt screening in a single experiment
- Screen 8 counter ions in 4 solvents under reproducible conditions
- Rapidly identify hits and export data on zones of interest
- Multiple crystallization modes with different solvents
- Slow evaporation (with or without bottom stirring)
- Slow cooling with overhead stirring
- Thermal cycling with non-linear temperature profiles
- Easily determine solubility profiles to find optimal condition for success.
- Set up a full matrix for co-crystal screening in one single experiment
- Build up a library of solubility profiles of preferred co-formers
- Determine formation of co-crystal using the difference in cloud point between the co-crystal composition versus the pure components.
Single crystal growth
- Vapor diffusion with or without overhead stirring
- Slow evaporation in combination with slow cooling
- Multiple cycling following the solubility profile
- 32 reactors
- 0.3 ml disposable reactor vessels with a working volume of 0.06 - 0.1 mL
- 8 independent temperature blocks from -15 °C up to 150 °C
- Linear and quadratic cooling profile
- No chiller required
- Magnetic stirring in each reactor (overhead/bottom)
- Turbidity measurement in each reactor
- Evaporation option
- Vapor diffusion option
- Easy to use software
- Sample loading compatible with standard solid and solvent dosing systems